Thursday, November 6, 2008

Letterman on the Election

http://www.groupnewsblog.net/2008/11/letterman-on-election.html

As Evan and I have remarked before, you do not trifle with David Letterman.

"I would like to say one thing to Senator John McCain: Listen, Senator, you don't show up for me, America doesn't show up for you."

And then at the end of the evening, the electoral vote count was 349 for Obama, 148 for McCain, or as Fox News says, 'Too close to call.'"

I wish I could have seen this. I love Letterman, but I don't often get a chance to watch the show. I definitely watched the election results, though. I haven't really been following the presidential campaign that closely, but I was surprised Obama got as many electoral votes as he did. I mean, I was expecting him to win, but not by that large of a margin. If I'd seen the whole McCain-leaving-Letterman-for-DC-and-then-going-to-Couric-interview flap when it happened, I might not have been so surprised.

No comments: