Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Hi

So, uh, I guess this is my first new blog post. I need to find something to write about...

Oh, here we go. So the world didn't end after all when they fired up the LHC earlier today.

GENEVA - The world's biggest physics experiment has succeeded in its first major test as a beam of protons was successfully fired all the way around a 17-mile tunnel beneath the Swiss-French border.

That's a relief. I was totally terrified that they would somehow create a black hole and destroy the earth in a fiery cataclysm of horror.

Two white dots flashed on a computer screen indicating that the protons reached the final point of the world's largest particle collider.

Okay, I may have been exaggerating about the "fiery cataclysm of horror". But this is still anticlimactic. Fortunately, we also have this website to confirm whether or not our worst fears have yet occurred:

http://hasthelargehadroncolliderdestroyedtheworldyet.com/

No comments: